Pack Size: 5L
Disclosure: Image of container represented differently
Your essential partner for unbeatable results
Kantor is a unique activator adjuvant that brings unbeatable performance to crop protection sprays by removing the physical and chemical constraints that restrict activity and efficacy. Bringing compatibility to tank mixes, reliability in suboptimal application conditions, and versatility in use, Kantor is the only 1-can adjuvant solution to benefit the full mixing and spraying process end to end. Kantor’s unique ability to influence every stage of the spray delivery process makes it a hugely valuable addition to many of the plant protection sprays you’ll be making to your crops. With multiple herbicides, fungicides and PGRs often added to the spray tank at the same time in busy springs, it’s crucial they mix well together to make sure they perform when, where and how you need them to. With Kantor you can be confident that products applied to the tank are stable, safe and active, and delivered to/inside the leaf/ear where they are needed. Achieve dependable crop protection results with Kantor – it’s an essential partner for unbeatable results. Click here for our latest information & trials results.
Key situations to use
- Improve the compatibility and safety of complex tank-mixtures
- Late autumn, out of winter spraying when water is very cold to help products dissolve in the spray tank
- Prevent alkaline hydrolysis in high pH water
- Protect nearby crops sensitive to spray drift
- Phoma and Light Leaf Spot sprays to optimise coverage and minimise infection in oilseed rape
- Sclerotinia sprays to maximise coverage and protect entry points
- Strengthen Septoria and rust protection at T1 & T2 in wheat
- Flowering sprays to maximise ear protection and minimise fusarium/rust
- Improve bentazone efficacy and maintain safety in peas and beans
- With drift reducing nozzles to improve coverage
- Curative sprays to speed up cuticle penetration and maximise uptake into the leaf
- Increase the uptake of chlormequat and trinexapac-ethyl in cool conditions to protect against lodging
- Maximise the uptake of ethephon-based PGRs at T2 in cereal crops at risk of lodging and brackling
- Speed up the activation of metabolically activated ingredients e.g. prothioconazole
- ingredients e.g. prothioconazole Low water volume spraying to maximise coverage
- Post-emergence herbicide sprays to optimise the coverage of hairy/waxy leaves
Your perfect match for unbeatable performance
How Kantor works
Buffers spray water to pH6
Alkaline water can break down some chemicals through a process called alkaline hydrolysis. The longer a mixed chemical is left in the tank prior to spraying, the greater the breakdown – it is not recommended to leave spray mixes overnight. Kantor buffers spray water to pH6 increasing stability in the tank and effectiveness in the field.
Aids tank mix compatibility
The addition of multiple products to the spray tank is a routine step for most spray operators. Whilst tank-mixing chemicals improves efficiency, an incompatible mix can cause antagonism and reduce efficacy in the field. Incompatibility can be caused by complex mixes, cold water, very hard water, or incorrect mixing order, and is not always visible unless there is a build-up of residue on nozzle filters or severe blockage in the tank or lines. However, only CPP fully dissolved in the spray tank will perform to their potential in the field. Poor mixing causes downtime and threatens efficacy and crop safety.
Kantor helps to keep all products fully dispersed in the water phase over time, even at very low temperatures. This increases compatibility and active availability to the crop, and also reduces the risk of phytotoxicity.
Reduces spray drift
Spray drift is a risk to every application and occurs when ultra-fine droplets (<100 microns) in the spray mixture are carried away by air movement. Spray drift reduces the effective dose and coverage applied and threatens off-targets – some formulations can be particularly drifty. Whilst drift reducing nozzles help reduce drift, they also reduce coverage that can lead to weeds and diseases escaping control.
Kantor reduces spray drift significantly by reducing the number of droplets <100 microns which are prone to drift. It also improves deposition and coverage by improving spray uniformity at the nozzle. This improvement in coverage helps to maximise coverage on the leaf for the best disease protection, and weed control.
Improves spreading on the leaf
When a spray droplet lands on a leaf it may be retained or bounce / run off. Droplets with a high dynamic surface tension like aqueous fungicides, frequently bounce off exposing the leaf/ear. Kantor reduces the dynamic surface tension allowing spray droplets to spread out on impact and increase the area of contact with the leaf/ear surface.
Stick and stay aids retention on the leaf
This is related to spreading. Kantor reduces the dynamic surface tension allowing spray droplets to spread out on impact and increase the area of contact with the plant surface. This reduces the propensity for spray droplets to bounce / run off, increasing retention on the leaf.
Improves penetration into the leaf
One of the most effective ways to improve efficacy is by increasing the penetration of the active ingredient into leaves. The cuticle is the most challenging barrier for the penetration of pesticides, particularly at low temperatures. Kantor, due to its extremely small molecular size (17Å i.e. 10-6 of a mm and 3x smaller than most adjuvants), is able to ‘concentrate’ the number of molecules on the leaf surface. Since entry into the leaf is determined by a diffusion co-efficient, where the higher the concentration the higher the entry, Kantor increases the lateral diffusion of the active across the cell membrane into the leaf by increasing contact with the leaf and increasing the number of entry points.
Benefits confirmed in trials
Kantor will help calm complex mixes this spring
With an incredibly compressed workload, big passes to catchup on and some complex tank mixes on the horizon, Yorkshire-based agronomist Billy Hosdell will be recommending adjuvant Kantor to aid tank-mix compatibility and improve efficacy.Read case study
Crop safety improvements with Backrow and Kantor
With an exacerbated workload and saturated soils, agronomist John Mason will be looking to Backrow to optimise annual meadow-grass control by helping to retain pre-emergence herbicides in the top 5cm of the soil.Read case study
How to use Kantor
- Approved for use on over 60 crops
- Flexible label for use with all crop protection products to optimise efficacy
- Add Kantor first to the spray tank after water
- For more information on how to use Kantor and to see our independent trials results, please request a copy of our product guide below
- Kantor is available to purchase through Agrii
Application rate per hectare
0.15% of the final spray volume
Request a Kantor product guide
If you would like more information to do with this product, enter your email and we’ll send one out!