Pack Size: 3 litres
Disclosure: Image of container represented differently
Best start essential, maximise seed potential
Newton is a new and unique peptide-based biostimulant seed treatment designed to optimise seed health at planting in order to protect yield potential. For use on winter and spring cereals, Newton contains essential signalling peptides and organic nitrogen that helps crops get off to the best start by triggering faster germination and uniformity of emergence, stimulates root and shoot growth, and provides resilience to abiotic stress at the crucial early seedling stage. In trials over the last 2 years, Newton has delivered yield increases of up to +0.6 t/ha in cereals.
Key situations in which to use Newton
- To speed up germination, particularly in cool conditions
- To increase emergence under challenging conditions
- To stimulate root and shoot growth, to improve establishment
- To enhance nutrient uptake
- To improve tolerance to abiotic stress
- In organic and conventional crops to support seed health
Best start essential, maximise potential
How Newton works
Accelerates germination, improves emergence
Rapid seed germination and uniformity of emergence is crucial for efficient and profitable crop production. Early seedling growth is heavily reliant on stored energy reserves, whilst plant hormones trigger enzymes to waken dormant seed. Newton contains crucial signaling peptides that play a fundamental role in the regulation of growth and development. In a ready to use form for immediate use, peptides in Newton help to stimulate germination and emergence, whilst organic nitrogen provides an energy boost to seed reserves, resulting in improved seedling vigor.
Stimulates root and shoot growth
Early access to nutrition and moisture is critical for the healthy and rapid development of the crop. Nutrition must be accessible to the roots, whilst the healthy development of true leaves will help optimise photosynthesis, as well as provide competition to weeds also likely to be establishing at the this time. Signalling peptides in Newton stimulate root and shoot growth, leading to improvements in crop establishment.
Resilience to abiotic stress
The exposure of seed to abiotic stress often results in lower seed viability, reduced germination and poor seedling establishment. Peptides in Newton trigger defense signals which help to promote abiotic stress tolerance.
100% natural ingredients
Sourced solely from plants for plants, Newton is 100% natural, and is fully approved by Organic Farmers and Growers for use on organic crops. Newton has also been verified and is permitted for use within Soil Association organic standards for producers as a plant-derived fertiliser under Soil Association standard 2.5.2.
Best start, better finish
How does Newton measure up?
Research conducted by Dr. Steve Rossall at the University of Nottingham has shown significant germination and establishment benefits from treating wheat and barley seed with the new biostimulant seed treatment Newton. Find out more.Read case study
How to use Newton
- Apply Newton through a conventional seed treater suitable for handling liquids
- Newton is compatible with a range of seed treatments when applied together. Contact Interagro for details.
- Newton can be co-applied with other seed treatments of choice such as an SPD to protect against seed-borne diseases
- Seed should be of good quality and moisture content
- Do not apply Newton to cracked, split or sprouted seed
- If required, Newton may be watered down to aid application
Application to the seed
Apply Newton at a rate of 1.0 litre per tonne of seed in cereals
Request a Newton product guide
If you would like more information to do with this product, enter your email and we’ll send one out!